Miami County, Ohio Pheasants Forever- Chapter # 676 - Habitat Information
Our core mission at Miami County Pheasants Forever is developing, and re-devolping, wildlife habitat. This is important to us, and should be important to you, for the following reasons (just to name a few):
The next time you are wondering what you can do to make Miami County a better, greener, more pleasant place, think about contacting Miami County Pheasants Forever to help you make it happen. Contact Habitat Chairman - Terry Lavy or Farm Bill Biologist - Erik Lewis to get started.
Miami County Pheasants Forever has the resources to restore your property. We've got:
- Natural open spaces are beautiful
- Warm season grasses and trees improve air and water quality
- Planting native Vegetation reduces the need for mowing, reduces air pollution and saves landwoners money
- Habitat restoration provides food and nesting sites for native birds and other animals
- Stay up to date by reading our local Farm Bill Biologist 2010 Winter Quarterly Report and 2010 Spring Quarterly Report
Below are a few documents that help describe some of the programs and benefits of habitat enhancement.
- Experts to provide advice on how best to enhance your landscape
- The equipment to do the work
- All the contacts to get you enrolled in Federal, State and Local program that can PAY YOU to improve your property.
Pheasants Forever (PF) is dedicated to the conservation of pheasants, quail and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public awareness, education and land management policies and programs. Pheasants Forever is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.